2005-04-18

Carnivale Weekend

CMU had its annual Carnivale weekend from Thursday-Sunday. As usual there were a lot of lame events; basically all of the frats and sororities and other special interest groups design "booths" which usually contain some kind of games. They also compete in a soap box derby called "buggy." I didn't really experience any of these wonderful (ha) events.
Carl flew in on Thursday and spent the weekend here. It was really fun. We went bowling at Forward Lanes, a pretty retro place. We also went shooting at Anthony Arms. I had never shot a revolver before, it was a lot different from my semi-auto. I didn't shoot too well in it, but I did pretty well with my P-01 (see a previous post for that). We also partied hard on Thursday and Friday. Carl drank a lot of cheap vodka. I stuck to mixed drink and beers. Everyone had a really good time chillin' at Danny's. I slept most of the day Sunday after Carl left because I was pretty exhausted. This was definitely one of the best of my 4 Carnivals here, but I can't say I'll really miss the whole thing.

No comments: