2005-04-22

Is Earth Day Dead?

Today, as many of you probably didn't know, is Earth Day, which was begun about 35 years ago in the United States. Today isn't the real Earth Day. The real one is on March 22. I think we should leave the date on this up to the UN, because in more ways than the USA they span the globe and that organization is useless enough to be associated with Earth Day.

According to the current CNN online poll, only 12% of respondents plan to do ANYTHING for Earth Day. I plan on doing nothing. Maybe I'll try not to through any debris onto the ground or something, but I'm not going to change my life because some liberal will feel better seeing me do it. Besides, the biggest polluter in the United States is the Federal Government and I doubt that they are going to change any policies today. In my opinion Earth Day used to mean a lot more, but has become so politicized that it is not worth it anymore.

No comments: