2006-07-19

Hybrid Bullshit

All of these idiots (with the help of US govt tax breaks) are jumping on the hybrid bandwagon.  They are so dumb, here in Virginia some of them get a special custom license plate that says "Clean Special Fuel." 
 
I hate to break it to you, but your "clean special fuel" is the same gasoline that goes into a Hummer. 
 
OK enough about the idiots.  A recent study has just found out that to make these cute special vehicles takes much more energy than to make a non-hybrid, and since hybrids tend to turn into scrap more quickly than traditional cars (due to the batteries and other exotic components), their energy cost per mile is huge. 
 
Here's the link to the study. 
 
So, not only is your Prius the most ugly car on the road since Oldsmobile went under, but it's bad for the environment too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I never knew that about Hybrids, but I did have a feeling not to trust them.

Anonymous said...

I don't find the Prius to be that great of a buy, compared to my Corolla. Even in my Corolla, I get 32-34 mpg in city, and 42 mpg on highway. While I know the Prius can get up to double of that in city, I don't know if I do enough city driving, since most of my driving is long distance. I'm going to have to buy a new car in three years (due to putting on lots of mileage), so what difference does it make? Something better will be available.