2006-11-07

How I Voted

US House VA District 11: Hurst (D). 
 
I just couldn't vote for Tom Davis.  I wrote him a lot of emails asking him how he stands on certain issues.  I wasn't pleased with most results.  He voted against online gambling, the NRA rates him a D, and he seems like a typical big government conservative, so I figure the Democrat can't be much worse. 
 
US Senate VA: George Allen
 
In the battle between two assholes, I'll vote for the one that will keep taxes low.
 
Gay Marriage Ban: Voted Against
 
These bans are a waste of everyone's time.  Keep this bullshit off my constitution, there's already a VA law against it.  Also there are some very real concerns about this law impacting those who want to give medical power of attorneys to non spouses, or use wills to leave their property to non-relatives.
 
School bonds, money for parks, money for police, etc.
 
Voted against all of these bonds.  My county wanted me to authorize at lest $75M in bonds.  I don't want my taxes going up. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I didn't split my ticket but I voted against a couple of issues that may have raised my taxes. I also voted for an affirmative action ban. It passed, but too bad the incumbent governor won.

Anonymous said...

you're right about two assholes. it's been a long time since america's seen a valid candidate (for any office) that screams, "you have to vote for me!" ALL the politicians seem to be same - just say what you want to get what you want temporarily, and then do something else later.