2007-12-18

Back on a Mac



I received a new Mac a few days ago for my birthday (which is today, the 18th for anyone who forgot).

Its a Macbook laptop. Very nice. Hopefully I will never own a Windows box again. Everything about the Mac OS X is great, I'll post some more details later, but in summary the interface, applications, utilities, etc. are much more intuitive. Also, zero viruses exist for OS X. The hardware itself is great, it even has a built in camera.

The only problem was the Mac I first got had a battery issue. I took it to the Mac store at Tyson's and they replaced the entire laptop (since it was only a few days old). The new one works fine.  It's nice to be free of the chains of Microsoft.  I can still do just about anything that I could on my old Windows box and probably a lot easier.  I even bypassed the whole Word, Excel, etc with NeoOffice, a free office suite that serves my needs.

I owned a Mac for about 3 years in college, and sadly, I sold it when it got old and bought a Dell instead.  The Dell lasted, but as with all Windows machines it gets really, really slow overtime and all sorts of bizarre error messages start popping up.  

There are lots of cool features built in, like screen capture (see above), a great calendar, email client, automater, and of course the i's (tunes, photo, etc.).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad the laptop is working for you. Dell laptops suck.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Photo Booth! I am envious; I think my next huge purchase will be a Mac, as I have heard nothing but praises about Apple's products. The store also said there are no viruses, and you never hear about a Mac crashing.