2008-05-19

Controversial Tourism

MSNBC has a list of controversial tourist destinations.  Here are the ones I'd like to go to from that list:
 
  • China - Between the Great Wall, the interesting cities, and all the history I don't see why not.
  • Syria - Said to be the safest country in the Middle East (the good side to being a police state), lots of history, likely good food too. 
  • North Korea - This would be a very unique experience, despite being watched constantly by your "tour guides."  Probably the safest country in the world.
  • Tunisia - I'd probably rather go to Libya than Tunisia, but North Africa in general would be interesting. 
  • Cuba - Would be great to get some real, fresh cigars!
  • Israel - Lots of history.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Israel & Cuba would be the only places I'd see. The rest I'd be afraid to go to. It wouldn't be safe for Americans to go to these places because we're considered the enemy.