2008-08-20

New Friedman Book out soon

Thomas Friedman, author of From Beirut to Jerusalem, The Lexus and the Olive Tree, and The World is Flat has a new book coming out on September 8: Hot, Flat, and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolution -- and How It Can Renew America.  

I can't wait.  To be perfectly honest, I have read Lexus and much of Flat, but not the others.  I live in the Flat world, working with Bangalore on a daily basis.  

What's great about Friedman is that he seems to know how our world is today before we do.  He saw that we were already globalized, and several years later (2005), saw that the world had become so globalized it was effectively flat.  Distance no longer matters.  

His new book relates to the environment to America's problems.  I suspect he will argue that we should spend massive amounts ($10 trillion or more) to make ourselves totally energy independent with green energy (this means no "clean" coal, which does not exist).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds interesting. I'll agree with one thing, coal is not clean and it pollutes like crazy. I'm not for using coal myself.