2008-10-30

My Ballot

I voted today with an absentee ballot.  In Virginia, you need an excuse to vote absentee.  Mine was that there is a high liklihood that I will need to work for 11 hours or more on election day.  I base this off the fact that I was given quite a bit of reviews to conduct next week, plus the hour or so commute time I generally have each day.

President: Barack Obama (D)

Senate: Mark Warner (D) - One of the best, most bi-partisan politicians out there.  I consider him superior to even the libertarian on the ticket.

House of Representatives, Virginia - 11th: Gerry Connolly (D) -  The republican running against him, Keith Fimian, is a truly awful man who will not even cover birth control on his company's insurance plan.

Proposal to issue a bond to pay for maintenance of Fairfax County Parks - Yes.  I use the parks to play tennis and they are very nice.  I'd like to keep them that way.

Some trivia:
This is the first time I have voted for a democrat in any office.
This is the first time I have not written myself in as a candidate.
This is the first time I voted for a straight ticket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what, this will be the first election where I'll be voting a straight Republican ticket. I hated GWB and voted Kerry so he wouldn't get elected, so stupid of me. Before that, I voted a mix too but for President, I voted Gore/Lieberman because of Lieberman. Again, dumb move. Now, I'm voting a straight Republican ticket. Since you know i'm voting McCain/Palin, here are some people I'm voting at the state level (Michigan):
U.S. Senate: Jack Hoogendyk
Congressman: Joe Knollenberg
Supreme Court Justice: Cliff Taylor
State Representative: Paul Welday.