2009-02-03

Obama on Daschle

It is truly refreshing to see a President admit his mistakes, something I can never recall George W. Bush doing.  

Obama via MSNBC:
"I'm here on television saying I screwed up, and that's part of the era of responsibility. It's not never making mistakes; it's owning up to them and trying to make sure you never repeat them and that's what we intend to do." He also offered one more mea culpa: "[S]o, did I screw up in this situation? Absolutely and I'm willing to take my lumps, you know that's part of the job here. But I think it's important not to paint a broad brush here, because overall, not only have we gotten in place a -- functioning government in record time -- but overall the quality of [the other appointments] are outstanding."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least he had the gi=uts to say it. Daschle is a crook and I'm glad he's out. Everybody but him should pay taxes. I'm sure Daschle believed that.