2009-05-03

Pepsi without HFCS

You all know how I feel about high fructose corn syrup - I think it is very unhealthy, a kind of franken-food that is worse than sugar, the natural substance it emulates. It also adds to the American diet that is almost completely corn based. It may cause diabetes.

Interestingly enough, the same beverage makers who unleashed HFCS on us many years ago are starting to switch back or at least give us the choice. Pepsi, a big one, has just introduced Throwback Pepsi, which is advertised as being made from "natural sugar."

Pepsi denies these are any healthier than their other products. Will they be any popular? Only time will tell. I personally prefer Pepsi Max, but if I had to choose between Pepsi and Pepsi Throwback, I'd take this one.

How long before Coke brings out "Coca-cola classic: this time its for real" ?

1 comment:

Carl said...

I don't like HFCS either. Pepsi is smart for doing this.