2009-08-16

New Bike

I bought a new bike last week.

After several long days of searching online, I narrowed my choice down to a two models that I wanted to test ride, the Trek 7.2 FX and the Specialized Crosstrail. Unfortunately, the base (cheap) Crosstrail was sold out everywhere, but the Trek was available in many stores.

I was going to buy it at Spokes, Etc. in Vienna, but they would not accept my American Express card, which is all I had with me. They also rubbed me the wrong way trying to negotiate the purchase, only offering me 5% off. The total price would have been around $475.

So I did some more searching online that night and found that The Bike Lane in Reston had the bike for a closeout price of $399. I called them up and it was ready the next day. Of course, like most bike shops they tried to charge me $25 for a kickstand, water bottle, and cage; had them delete all of those items. I installed a cage/bottle on my own, and have no need for a kickstand.

One nice thing they offer is lifetime adjustments, I'll probably be taking it in for its first in 1-2 weeks, since the cables are stretching out.

So far have rode the bike about 50 miles; am extremely happy with it.

I've ridden the bike

No comments: