2010-09-07

Taking photographs of airplanes is terrorist activity?

I often go to a public park in Arlington, VA called Gravelly Point.  It is just across the river from DC, and it is about 500 feet from the National Airport (DCA) runway.  I've taken many visitors there, since it is a great place to watch planes land; they are only a few hundred feet above your head and you can even feel their jet engines.  Most people I know like to take photos of the planes behind when they pass.  Apparently, this is terrorist activity.

Thus begins the governments war on photographers...  What the fuck does taking a photo of an airplane have to do with aviation security?

1 comment:

Carl said...

That's ridiculous! They had a law a few years ago where you couldn't take a picture of Federal buildings, I think the Pentagon. I forgot exactly.