2010-11-02

My Ballot - 2010

US Representative, VA-11: David Dotson (Libertarian).  I'm not pleased with the Democratic congress, but I can't vote for Keith Fimian the Republican.  He has instructed his company's insurance carrier to not cover birth control, which is very extreme.

Questions 1 and 2 both amend the VA constitution to reduce or eliminate property taxes for seniors and disabled military veterans.  I voted no on both issues.  I don't see how someone who is a disabled military veteran is more deserving of a tax break than someone who is non-military but disabled.

Question 3 increases the amount of the "rainy day" fund from 10% - 15%.  I voted yes.  This is plain fiscal responsibility.

Question 4 requested more money for Fairfax County roads and transportation.  I voted no, because the roads don't have many issues these days.

1 comment:

Carl said...

Here's my votes:

Governor of MI-Rick Snyder(R) Virg Bernero(D). My vote was Snyder.

Congressman in my district: Andrew "Rocky" Raczkowski(R) Gary Peters(D). My vote was Rocky.

I voted U.S. Tax Party for some, especially the University elections.