2005-05-20

Episode 3

Saw the new Star Wars flick tonight, the Revenge of the Sith. Not a bad movie by any means, except by that core bit of cinema we call acting. Special effects galore, a do-able transition between the prequel universe and the "original" universe, and the makings of Darth Vader. I must say that the Dark Side of the force looks cool, if it existed I'd no doubt be a master of it, screw those pussy Jedis, they all die anyway. Sorry if that spoiled it for any of you, but if you've seen the first three (oops, I mean the last three) episodes, you already know what's going to happen in this one. There's been a lot of talk on how violent this movie is. That may be true compared to the rest of the saga, but hacking up robots just doesn't seem violent to me; must be all the TV. I recommend this movie to anyone who has ever seen a Star Wars movie. It's definitely not as good as The Empire Strikes Back (my favorite), A New Hope, but might edge out Return of the Jedi.

No comments: