2007-02-22

I'm All Ready For Week 2

I should have posted this a few days ago, got a bit delayed...

The Daytona 500 was last Sunday and it had one of the best finishes I've ever seen. You can check it out in the youtube video below. For those who didn't watch, the race went into Nascar's overtime, called a green-white-checker finish, meaning 2 laps and that's it. It looked like Mark Martin, who has never won the 500 despite over 20 years of trying, would finally win, but Kevin Harvick beat him by .02 seconds as a huge crash loomed behind them, including a car crossing the start/finish upside down and on fire. Ricky Bobby couldn't have done it better. Not stopping the race after the crash happened added even more controversy that saw several crew chiefs suspended for cheating. I love this sport. It beats out watching anything but football!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I'm glad you enjoyed it.