2008-01-02

Fantasy Football 2007

Fantasy football 2007 is now over.  I had one main team that I followed throughout the season, most likely because I had money on it.

Though my roster varied throughout the season, here were the highlights:

QB's: Kitna, Warner, E. Manning, Schaub
RB's: Gore, Jones-Drew, Kolby Smith, Ryan Grant.
WR's: TO, Calvin Johnson, Chambers, Chris Henry
TE: Whitten

Overall my team did well, but was too inconsistent, so I lost some close games.  I ended up in 5th place, one spot out of the playoffs.  I beat both teams in the consolation round, and ended up in 5th place.

Total investment:

Buy-in: -$100
2 high scores for the week: $28 * 2 = +$56
Runner up: +$20

Total: -$24

So it cost me $24 to play football this year, plus the $10 I spent on stattracker (which I don't count because it works in all my leagues).  Overall it was a lot of fun and I will play again next year.

Bottom line: Play fantasy football, it's fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Let's talk about the other league. The league where you played for pride, but you weren't proud enough about you performance to mention it on your blog. Well, in that league, you finished as the best of the worst. You finished 9 out of 10. You just missed making the playoffs. I snuck into the playoffs as the 8th placed team and won the championship based on superior managerial instinct.

Anonymous said...

i once played fantasy football three years ago at a restaurant, and i won third place. everyone who won had dante culpepper as their quarterback that year bc he had a good year. that was the last time i played fantasy football.