2008-01-10

Ron Paul on Racism

Ron Paul was on The Situation Room on CNN tonight at 5:35 to talk about the purportedly racist statements he made. Ron Paul appeared extremely angry at the hint that he is a racist. He made some of the following comments (Note: Some of these are not direct quotes):

I am not a racist. Rosa Parks and MLK are some of my heroes. Libertarians are incapable of being racist, because that is collectivist sentiment. Libertarians see people as individuals not as groups.

I probably get the most black votes out of republicans and this is being undermined.
I attack two wars that damage minorities the most: the war overseas and the war on drugs. The war on drugs is racist because blacks are more likely to go to jail for the same drug crime as whites.
This has been going on for 10 years. I had a moral responsibility to know what was going out under my name and I should have, but I am not a racist.
“And maybe this is part of the anti- Ron Paul view. I got excluded from the debates. Maybe this is the knock down Ron Paul because I am getting more votes from the blacks.”

At one point Wolf Blitzer attempted to interrupt Ron and Ron Paul angrily said:

“I gotta get my message back because you got the other message out.”

Wolf Blitzer: “This (racist statements) didn’t sound like the Ron Paul I’ve come to know.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ron Paul isn't a racist and I'm glad he was given the chance to speak, even though it was with a jackass.