2008-02-12

Me and the Potomac Primary

For the first time I can remember, the presidential tickets are not set as of February 12.  For the past few months I had assumed that my vote in the primary would not matter.  My choice all along was to support Ron Paul and had I been in one of the earlier primaries I would have done so.

However, despite my voice and my money, Ron Paul's campaign never really took off and he recently said that he is going to pull back on his efforts now that McCain will be the republican nominee.

My second choice was Mitt Romney, but last week he dropped out.  

Huckabee is still fighting, but I could never vote for someone so stupid that he believes the world is 10,000 years old and that women came from a man's rib.

Thus, going into the Potomac Primary (MD, VA, DC vote on the same day), my goal was to prevent John McCain from being president.  

McCain is the worst possible choice for many reasons: he frequently tries to fight what he believes to be immoral activities, such as violent video games or Ultimate Fighting.  He wants us to be in Iraq for 100 or more years.  He would, without a doubt, continue on the failed policies of Bush.

So, my vote was cast as to who would have the best choice of beating McCain and that choice was Obama.  While I am not very comfortable with a lot of his stances, they are much better than McCain, and I also hope it sends a message to the republicans that if they select assholes like McCain instead of truly good people like Ron Paul to represent them in the presidential election, they will lose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have still voted for Ron Paul and not Obama. If Ron Paul dropped out, I wouldn't have voted at all.

Anonymous said...

Say bye to your gun! You have to be a fool to vote for Obama! I thought you were a Republican more than a Democrat! You should never endorse a candidate, unless you vote for them. I thought Ron Paul is your man! Stick with who you endorse, or else you make yourself look like an ass, with what you did! Also, the comment about Huckabee makes you act like a secular atheist! I can see why you voted Democrat, like a typical atheist!

MSC said...

First of all, my vote was to punish the republican party for electing McCain.

Secondly, I'd rather be a "secular atheist" than a bible thumping hick. Religion has no place in government.