2009-06-07

Palm Pre - First Impressions

While my own phone is inoperable due to a 1 in 10,000 number port issue, I was able to successfully setup my wife's phone today.  I also spent a good time playing with it.

Battery life:
As reported, battery life could be better, but is acceptable.  We used it pretty heavily today, including downloading a massive 60MB download from Palm.  The phone lasted a good 12 hours before the battery got into the red, it will definitely get you through the day.

Display:
Absolutely beautiful.

Gestures:
Worked very well, everything responded well to touch and one handed operations is a cinch.  

Overall speed:
Opening applications could be faster but is definitely not a huge problem.  Web pages loaded very quickly and accurately.

Contact Synch (Synergy):
Would work much better if everyone put their phone numbers in Facebook!  It worked well enough, but we had to manually link a lot of contacts which is to be expected.

I'm very impressed overall, I just need to get mine working.

No comments: