2009-06-06

Palm Pre Number Port Problems

Apparently this morning, Sprint fucked up my number port.

Their servers were overloaded and sent Verizon two requests to move my number, which triggered some type of manual intervention.  I'm being told anywhere from "now" to 2 days to get my number transferred.  In the meantime, my Pre is a brick.  

The other number transferred fine, and the phone is great.  

Update: 11:30pm: Port is still fucked up.  My number belongs to either Sprint or Nextel now, but they cannot transfer it to my phone for some reason.  They offered me a temporary number, which is not accepted.

The Sprint retail rep who sold me the phone is pissed off at his own company it seems; he was yelling at the Sprint corporate reps today, and said that he will handle this problem tomorrow.  At least someone is taking ownership of this issue.  I've heard estimates ranging from "any minute now" to "3-4 days".  Who knows what will happen, but you can bet I'm going to get some free shit out of this.  So far, my activation fee ($54) has been credited to my account.  Working on getting a free month of service ($150) and another $100 of accessories.  We'll see.

No comments: