2010-09-16

Half Marathon Training: Week 4 and Glad I Got that Headlamp!

I'm already three days into Week 4 of training.  Here is a summary.

Tuesday - This was a "long hill interval" workout.  I found a hill that is about .3 miles.  I ran up and down it 4 times.  On the way up, I was at a 7:30 pace, while down was just a light jog.  This was a lot tougher than I thought, I'm still feeling this in my hamstrings.

Wednesday - An easy 3 mile workout, though after Tuesday it was a bit harder than normal, nothing interesting to report.

Thursday - Today wasn't too tough, except someone got a little too close to me in a car.  I was in a crosswalk, and since it wasn't 6AM yet the lights were blinking red.  Meaning that cars have to stop.  This person stopped, but as I was right in front of them with a blinking strobe light on my head, they started moving again!  She was only going about 5 mph, but did slam on her brakes and the tires screeched a bit.  She was still a good 10 feet away.  I think she was close to crying.  I just took off.  I'm just glad I had that strobe, but then again, I was pretty much out of the way.

No comments: