2010-01-27

President Obama's First State of the Union

I am pretty impressed by the first State of the Union delivered by President Obama.  I feel that for the first time in my life, we have a true statesman as a leader.

I like that he took some ballsy positions, such as saying we should repeal don't ask don't tell, allowing gays to serve openly in the military (as many other countries do, including strong military countries like Israel).

I also liked that he called out both Republicans and Democrats for putting politics above the common good; this is the type of leadership that we need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... shortly before the secessions begin: Of Mortgage Brokers, ARMs, Attrition and Marathons. By the way, I have just added a Reference List to my economics blog with economic data series, history, bibliographies etc. for students & researchers.